Johnny Villarreal is a collaborator, visual artist, technologist, designer, and educator. He struggled to find a solid connection to his education until he switched his focus to art. Since then he has been
exploring how creativity is connected to learning. His multimedia background combined with his vast community art education experience has enabled him to creatively empower people of various interest and abilities. Whether he’s painting, doodling, editing, designing, guiding, or working on the social fabric, Johnny is happiest when those around him are doing what they do best.
Johnny has an amazing and loving wife, an excitable Chihuahua, a big, sweet, white cat with sharp, sharp claws, and three chickens. His favorite shape is the octagon, he loves gesture drawing, and he doesn’t believe in coincidences.
Highlights and Collaborations:
- Graduated with a BFA in Studio Art/Painting from TX State 2008.
- Graduated with an AAS in Graphic Design/Sequential from SAC 2004
- Has been facilitating workshops with The Edge of Imagination Station since 2008
- AISD – State of the District Production 2013
- The Contemporary Austin – Various Teen Programming including Advanced Young Artist Mentorship Program
- The McNay Museum – Nightmare Before Christmas Exhibit
- Intel Corporate Headquarters – Private Event Production